*Disclosure: I did receive this product to facilitate my review. These opinions are my own and were in no way influenced by another person.
Spring Cleaning Tips + The Fellowes P-12C Shredder Review
With spring around the corner, it’s time to start the dreaded spring cleaning and organizing. This is something that I am focusing on right now, and I am sure that many of you are as well!
Spring is the perfect time to clean up the clutter and dust that accumulates over winter and set yourself up for a productive remainder of the year!
Tackle your project with the following three-step formula from Laura Stack, aka The Productivity Pro:
- Get ready… Before you begin cleaning, be ready to tackle the clutter.
- Prepare for a spring cleaning spree. Start by labeling five large boxes: Put Away, Give Away, Store Away, Shred, and Trash. Select an area, such as a drawer, desk, or room to organize first.
- Use a timer. Don’t view spring cleaning as an all-day task. Take an hour here and there to get the job done over several weekends. When you’re ready to begin, set your timer for 50 minutes. When it buzzes, use the last ten minutes of your organization session to handle the boxes: put things away, place charity items in the car, put items in storage, shred and toss out the trash.
- Focus. Concentrate on organizing one area at a time. If you don’t focus, you’ll end up with multiple “half-organized” areas.
- Get Set…Set a plan in place to stay productive as you spring clean all year long.
- Innovative storage. Anything that goes together should be stored together. Find attractive boxes, baskets, toolboxes and totes to organize common items such as batteries, make-up, tools, cleaning supplies or gift-wrap. Use duffel bags to store sports equipment – one sport per bag per person.
- One in, one out. As you group similar items together, avoid keeping too many of the same items. Do you really need five spatulas or dozens of sweaters? The next time you think about purchasing something you already own, give serious thought as to what are willing to give up.
- Go…! Your clothing is put away and your sports equipment is tidy. Now that you have a good idea what you need to get rid of, letgo of all the clutter!
- Shred sensitive documents. Paper piles can stack up fast around the house so shred sensitive documents with a reliable Fellowesshredder. For large shredding jobs, the Fellowes 79Ci is the ultimate shredding machine. With its Patented 100% Jam Proof technology and ability to cross-cut up to 16 sheets per pass and an extended 20 minute run time, your paper piles will disappear in no time! Or, for smallershredding jobs, try Fellowes P-12C that destroys 12 sheets per pass with a 5 minute run time.
- Tag items. If you’re still having a hard time parting with certain things such as clothing or kitchen gadgets, place a tag on each item with the date one year from now. If you use the item, take the tag off. When that date arrives, anything that still has a tag goes.
- Donate. For items you want to get rid of that are still in good condition, consider donating to charity. While it can be tough for your little one to donate toys or for your husband to let go of his beloved CD collection, they’ll feel good knowing someone will benefit from these items.
Nothing comes in handier for cleaning out the clutter than a GOOD QUALITY shredder!
The Fellowes P-12 C’s slim profile design and innovative technologies make it a great choice for at-home use. Features include:
Cross-Cut blades that destroy 12 sheets of paper per pass.
Patented SafeSense® technology which automatically disables the shredder when hands touch the paper opening.
The ability to shred credit cards, paper clips, staples and junk mail for added convenience.
Shreds for 5 minutes before automatic cool down.
For more information on Fellowes shredders, visit www.fellowes.com.
Where to purchase? The P-12C can be purchased at Walmart Stores nationwide and at Walmart.com with a suggested retail price of $89.97.
Our thoughts? We reviewed the Fellowes P-12C is such a great little unit – and so powerful! It is very compact and I love how it just kind of blends into my office, and doesn’t stand out. It is sleek in design and very well made, very sturdy. I can’t get over the fact that it shreds think things like credit cards, but it does!
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for almost 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. Passionate about family and the challenge of raising good humans (through the teen years, no less!) Keri Lyn has also served as a brand ambassador to many brands including her time as a Hilton Mom Voyage travel writer and currently an O Mag Insider for O, The Oprah Magazine and the 2019 recipient the O-verall Contribution O-ward.