The season of sweets is upon us, so why not head to the kitchen and cook up something tasty? Take a peek at this oh so yummy recipe for white gumdrop fudge, perfect for serving to your holiday guests. You can make your own using just a few common ingredients, and the end result is colorful, chewy fudge perfect for sharing. Here is how you can get started making your own.
2 cups of gumdrops
2 cups of granulated sugar
3/4 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup of butter
½ teaspoon of salt
1 bag of white chocolate chips or chunks (12 oz. bag works great)
1 jar of marshmallow cream (the dollar store sells a 7 oz. jar that is perfect)
1. Begin by lining an 8 inch square or round pan with parchment paper and by chopping your gumdrops in half. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the white chocolate chips as well as the marshmallow cream. Set aside.
3. In a sauce pan, heat the heavy cream, butter, and salt. Bring it to a boil. Keep stirring as you heat to help the ingredients mix and to keep them from burning or sticking.
4. Remove the mixture from heat and pour it directly over the chocolate and marshmallow mixture. It will quickly start melting the mixture, so stir well until a soft and fluffy liquid forms.
5. Gently spoon in the chopped gumdrops. Fold them into the mixture carefully.
6. Pour the mixture into your parchment lined dish. Cover with an additional piece of parchment paper. Place the pan in the refrigerator and allow to sit for 4 hours.
Once your white gumdrop fudge is firm, you can remove it from the pan and cut it into small squares. You can store this fudge in an air tight container and refrigerator for up to a week as well.
Give this simple and sweet white gumdrop fudge recipe a try. It is a tasty way to get into the holiday spirit.
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for almost 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. Passionate about family and the challenge of raising good humans (through the teen years, no less!) Keri Lyn has also served as a brand ambassador to many brands including her time as a Hilton Mom Voyage travel writer and currently an O Mag Insider for O, The Oprah Magazine and the 2019 recipient the O-verall Contribution O-ward.