*Disclosure: I was contacted by BSM Media and LeapFrog and did receive this product to facilitate my review, these opinions are my own and were in no way influenced by another person.
As you can tell from their smiling faces above, my kiddos were pretty darn excited for the opportunity to review the new LeapPad3. They were also pretty darn excited about the fact that we were headed to Turks & Caicos (look for more blog posts on our trip, coming soon!) in a few days and one of their missions on our trip was to review the LeapPad3.
Price: $99.95 on Amazon right now
(Ages 3-9 years)
- Fast, powerful processor and sleek new design
- Works with 1,000+ educator-approved* games & apps
- Kid-safe web access to age-appropriate experiences
- Personalizes the learning to every child**
- Built kid-tough and drop tested for worry-free fun
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery
- LeapPad3 is the high-performance, fun-packed Wi-Fi tablet that allows kids to learn and play in a way that’s just right for them. Ages 3-9.
- Access the most engaging learning library for kids’ tablets, with 1,000+ educator-approved games, apps, eBooks, videos and more. (Sold separately.)
- With Wi-Fi and LeapSearch powered by Zui, children can explore kid-friendly web content that is 100% pre-screened and approved by learning experts
- Features a lithium ion rechargeable battery, 4GB memory, parent controls, light-touch capacitive screen, two cameras and video recorders, and more.
- Includes 10 apps: Photo Fun Ultra, Pet Pad Party game, Pet Chat, choice of 1 app download, Utility Suite and more.
Our thoughts? First of all, traveling with kids can be challenging. International travel with kids can be long. tiring. and challenging. All I can say is thank goodness for the LeapPad3… this little tablet was so easy to travel with and it kept my kids SO entertained! My littlest was a LeapPad pro in no time and she even enjoyed our airport layovers because she was so tickled to play on “her” tablet.
I love (love!) that they are learning while they are playing. And it’s not just ANY learning. It’s math, spelling … you know, the important stuff! There are so many other things that they can do on this tablet, and the amazing part is that they seem to figure it out all on their own.
I love that this tablet has a touch screen. It is easy for little hands to use and it responds easily to their touch. I also love that these tablets have parent control options so that with a 4 digit security code parents can control wifi, peer to peer games and app center purchases. AND, even if you struggle with tech products (no judgement!) the LeapPad3 tablet is so easy to set up, right out of the box. In fact, my kids did it almost all my themselves.
Another noteworthy point is the battery life. I was so impressed with the fact that my daughter had 6 hours of straight play on her tablet before we needed to re-charge it. Best of all, LeapPad1 and LeapPad2 games WILL work on the LeapPad3 tablet (thank you LeapPad for that!!). I love when companies keep products compatible. If you have more than one LeapPad3 in your house you can also share apps purchased in the App Center among three LeapFrog compatible devices at a time, as long as all three devices share a common parent account email address.
My favorite part? Personalized learning. If your child is having trouble, the hint button can provide in-game tutorials on underlying concepts to help children gain the understanding they need to move up through the levels.
I also need to mention, this tablet is durable! While it is very light weight and compact, you can tell that it is built tough and you don’t need to worry about it getting beat up, it just feels solid and is quite protected within it’s own casing.
If you do end up purchasing a LeapPad3 … I will give you a little tip and tell you that there is a $5.00 off coupon in the box (expires January 2015) for your next game purchase.
What a joy that it was to travel with these tablets. Every time that I would love over at my happy kids playing these games on the airplane, my heart would smile. There is something amazing about watching your child playing and learning with a big smile on their face. And mine.
FOLLOW ME! To see live updates of my favorite moments, brands and adventures!