Nothing says summer like ice cream. Okay, ice cream is a year-round treat but it’s more acceptable to eat it a LOT in the summertime. I recently decided to get creative and to put a spin on the traditional Root Beer Float. My basic formula for creating a yummy ice cream float is the ice cream (sherbet or sorbet is great, too), soda or juice, and some sort of topping just for that extra yum.
Add in a little creativity, and here are the ones you’ll find me making this summer! And the thing I love about these tasty treats is that the kids LOVE them and they couldn’t be easier to make. I can have 3 different flavors on the table in under 10 minutes! And they’re gone just as fast. Slurrrrp!
10 Tasty Ice Cream Float Combinations
1. The Giggling Grape: Vanilla ice cream, grape juice or soda, grapes
2. The Creamsicle: Vanilla ice cream, orange soda, orange slices
3. The Cherry Bomb: Vanilla or cherry ice cream, cherry soda, cherries
4. The Islander: Vanilla or coconut ice cream, pineapple soda or juice, pineapple slices
5. The Mint Mashup: Chocolate chip mint ice cream, cola, chocolate syrup
6. The Red Head: Vanilla ice cream, cream soda, whipped cream
7. The Sassy Strawberry: Strawberry ice cream, seltzer water, strawberry syrup
8. The Doctor Is In: Vanilla Ice Cream, Dr. Pepper soda, whipped cream
9. The Pink Lemonade Float: Vanilla or lemon ice cream, pink lemonade, lemon slice
10. The Lime Zinger: Lime sherbet, lemon-lime soda, lime slices