We go through fruit like it’s going out of style! My kids eat it so fast, so I thought it would be fun to serve some of their favorite fruit with a delicious chocolate dip. This Easy Chocolate Cream Cheese Fruit Dip is so fast to whip up with just a few simple ingredients. And it’s a huge hit! Someone is eating it more with a spoon than with fruit, but I’ll never tell who. 😉
- 1 8oz. package of cream cheese, softened (leave it on the counter for an hour or so)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 8oz. tub of Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- Mini chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
- Fruit of your choice
- Put the softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Use your hand mixer to fully combine.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix that in with your mixer, too.
- Add 3/4 of the tub of Cool Whip. Just use a knife to ‘cut’ it in half and then in half again so you have four relatively equal parts. Scoop out 3 of those parts and add to the cream cheese mixture and mix until well combined.
- Put your chocolate dip in a serving dish.
- Use a fork or a whisk to stir and fluff up the remaining 1/4 of the Cool Whip left in the container so it’s really smooth. Dollop on top of the chocolate dip.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips if desired.
- Serve with your favorite fruit. Store in the refrigerator.