I’m on a chicken kick lately! Last week I made this Greek Chicken with Orzo and this week I whipped up another dish with chicken tenders. Chicken is just so versatile and always a hit with the kids so I have fun getting creative. And isn’t this Curried Chicken and Vegetables with Pasta dish so pretty? I love a colorful meal and this one was tasty, too. The kids ate it right up. My trick is to make it look fancy and never let them know how easy it is to make. Love that!
- Chicken tenders (as many as your family needs for a meal)
- Curry sauce (Look in the International foods aisle. I found a great Mango Curry sauce but there are all kinds.)
- 1 yellow pepper, cut in strips
- 1 orange pepper, cut in strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 lb. of green beans, washed and ends trimmed (really any amount is fine, whatever you like!)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 box of linguine pasta (or your favorite variety)
Do this part ahead of time:
- Put your chicken tenders in a plastic resealable bag and add enough curry sauce to marinate the chicken in. Refrigerate for at least two hours before cooking.
- If you really want to work ahead, prep all your veggies ahead of time too. Store in the refrigerator until it’s time to make dinner.
Start here when you’re ready to make dinner:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook per package directions. Work on the chicken and veggies while you’re waiting for the water to boil and pasta to cook.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the olive oil. Add the peppers, onion, green beans, and garlic. Stir to coat veggies in oil and cook, stirring ocassionally for about 4-5 minutes. Add the curry powder, stir again and continue to cook until veggies are tender.
- At the same time, use either a saute pan or a grill pan to cook the chicken tenders. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until they start to brown and are cooked through.
- To serve, drain the cooked pasta and add a drizzle of olive oil just to keep it from sticking together. Put on a large serving platter. Put cooked vegetables on top, and grilled chicken on top of that. Serve with a side of the curry sauce for dipping.