Valentine’s Day is just around the bend! We love to make a few fun sweet treats to celebrate and what’s Valentine’s Day without chocolate? These Easy Valentine’s Day Chocolate Spoons were seriously a breeze to make and aren’t they sweet? Pun intended there.
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (I used milk, but semi-sweet or dark would also work)
- Sprinkles and Valentine conversation hearts
- In a microwave-proof bowl, melt the chocolate chips. Heat them in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until they’re completely melted.
- Dip each plastic spoon in the chocolate. Fill the inside of the spoon and just coat the back. Use a second spoon to help you spread the chocolate as needed.
- Place the chocolate-filled spoons on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Prop the handles of the spoons up on the lip of the tray so the chocolate doesn’t run out of the spoon.
- Decorate the spoons as desired with the sprinkles and conversation hearts.
- Allow about 20 minutes for the chocolate to solidify again. If you’re impatient (like me!) pop them in the refrigerator and they’ll get there faster.
- Makes about 12 spoons.
The kids loved stirring their hot chocolate with these spoons while I used mine in my coffee. Mmmm…so good!
You can also make gifts out of these! They’d be cute at a party as-is, or stick each one in a little cellophane bag to share with friends. I even have an adorable printable gift tag for you to use.
Click here or on the image above to print a sheet of 10 of these “You Mocha Me Happy” gift tags. You can punch a hole where the heart in the circle is and thread a ribbon through there to attach it to your spoon. Use cardstock and not paper so that your tags are nice a thick and won’t tear.
Happy Valentine’s Day!