Photo Credit: Dole Salads
If you love eggplant, don’t miss this delicious Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich recipe! This recipe calls for grilled eggplant instead of fried, so it has a fraction of the fat and calories.
- 1 large eggplant (1 1/4-1 1/2 pounds), cut into 12 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 small pieces focaccia bread or rustic Italian bread
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 6-ounce package DOLE Baby Spinach
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
Head over to Dole Salads for the complete instructions!
Photo Credit and Thanks to Dole Salads!