I am always look for fun and creative craft ideas to keep my kids busy and this fun t-shirt bracelets craft is a great one because no only does it use old t-shirts (up-cycle!) but it is also a great way to give the kids a frugal activity that doesn’t need to cost a dime!
I have introduced you to Megan before … and I have been so impressed with her creativity and frugality that I am excited to welcome her back with this wonderful share:
Hello She Saved Readers!
- Old T-shirts (various colors or patterns)
- Needle and thread or sewing machine
- Cut a strip from an old t-shirt approximately 10″ x ½”
- Repeat step 1 with two different t-shirts in varying colors
- Roll the t-shirt strips between your fingers so that they are thin
- Sew together the ends of 3 different colored t-shirt strands
- Braid the strands into a traditional 3 strand braid
- Sew together the ends at the bottom of the braid
- Sew the bottom and top portions together to create your bracelet. Note: You could also use more traditional jewelry clasps for a more finished look.