I introduced you to Megan last month … and I have been so impressed with her creativity and frugality that I am excited to welcome her back with this wonderful share:
Hello She Saved Readers!
- Nail polish (your choice of color)
- Nail Art Pen (available at Walmart and other discount chains)
- Plastic Nail Tips & Nail Glue (optional)
- Sharpie Markers, Small Stickers or Adhesive Gems
- Hand Lotion
- Begin by washing your hands and drying thoroughly.
- Optional: If you would like to add length to your nails, glue on the plastic nail tips matching the size of each to the size of your fingernails. Tip: Some nail tips come predesigned saving you the work of creating your own!
- Paint your fingernails the color of your choice or even consider painting them in a variety of colors. Wait until the nail polish is completely dry to add a second coat.
- Once the second coat is dry, it’s time to begin adding art! You can use either a nail art pen, thin Sharpie marker or small stickers to add art to your nails. You might choose to add them to only one finger nail or to all 10 for a bigger impact! Tip: Designs like polka dots are easy for beginners because the designs do not have sharp edges. You can also try hearts, flowers and stars!
- Be sure to add a clear top coat so that the nail polish and design stay fresh and to avoid chipping.
- Wait several hours before applying hand lotion to give your hands an even smoother look!