SheSaved readers, please welcome Minnie from Foster Adoption, who has something fun to share with us today!!
As Spring turns to Summer, I love to take the kid’s strawberry picking at the local u-pick farm! We always make an adventure of it searching for the biggest strawberry and coming home with our finger stained red and our bellies full of berries.
We have tried many recipes that call for fresh strawberries over the years, but one of our favorites is Fresh Strawberry Muffins! They are perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon snack and they freeze very well!
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola or olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mash the strawberries and sugar and set aside.
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Mix the buttermilk, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the strawberry mixture and the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and fold together.
- Spoon into muffin tins and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15- 17 minutes.
I hope your family will enjoy these healthy muffins as much as mine does!