UPdate: CLOSED…and the winners are:
Gina H. says “Like” SheSaved on Facebook
Tiger says I am an email subscriber
Trung N says I would love to save some bucks when preparing my taxes online
Done says I always use Turbo tax and love to try this one.
Gina H. says I’ve used H&R Block before & really like their software.
Tax season is in full swing and H&R Block, the country’s largest tax preparation service, is working hard to help Americans get the most out of their return.
To make our lives even easier…. H&R Block now offers FREE tax filing apps for iPhone, Android phones, and iPad. Now through the April 17th filing deadline, a Federal 1040EZ and state return are FREE to prepare, print, and e-file through the H&R Block At Home 1040EZ app for iPhone or Android smartphones. iPad users can download the H&R Block At Home Free Edition app to prepare, print, and e-file a Federal 1040 or 1040A from an iPad – all for FREE.
H&R Block At Home software and online solutions have been upgraded for 2012 and offer an improved navigation and search for easier access to tax content. All of the H&R Block At Home tax preparation products, including the mobile filing applications, include free audit support and representation, 100-percent accuracy guarantee, and maximum refund guarantee.
Our friends at H&R Block have kindly outlined some last minute filing tips for maximizing your tax return:
1. Be aware of commonly overlooked credits and deductions – There have been close to 4,500 changes to the tax code in the past decade. Given the constant changes, it’s no surprise some taxpayers miss out on available tax benefits. Tax credits and deductions most commonly overlooked include: education credits, earned income tax credit and energy efficiency credits.
2. Understand recent tax law changes – With extended education credits and new cost basis reporting requirements there are new tax nuances taxpayers should be aware of. Additionally, many more people will be able to claim casualty loss given the increase in natural disasters over the past year – taxpayers should seek help to ensure they get the maximum benefits deserved.
- Avoid silly mistakes – In a haste to meet the tax deadline, people often make costly errors such as mixing up names and social security numbers, selecting the wrong filing status, claiming ineligible dependents, etc.
- Seek help from qualified professionals – Whether you visit a tax preparer in-person or use a digital tax preparation product, make sure the service you choose is backed by tax professionals. For example, H&R Block offers options for taxpayers to file, online, in-person or via smartphone and guarantees the maximum refund.
- Filing an extension is not an extension to pay – If you file an extension, you have until Oct. 15 to submit a completed tax return. But to avoid failure-to-pay penalties, taxpayers should estimate their bill and send at least 90 percent of what they owe by the April 17filing deadline.
The Giveaway: FIVE lucky SheSaved readers will win a code for H&R Block At Home Online (each code is worth $50 towards federal tax preparation)
Here’s how to enter:
Entry #1: Leave a comment answering this question: Why would you like to win this H&R Block Giveaway?
Entry #3 ~ “Like” SheSaved on Facebook (and if you already do, thank you … give yourself this entry as well)
… I will leave this giveaway open until 10pm tonight, March 14th (mnt time) if you can still comment…you can still win! … once closed, I will select FIVE winners who will have 48 hours to contact me to claim their prize! GOOD LUCK!!
*Disclosure: I did receive a $50 H&R Block at Home Online code to facilitate this review, however these opinions are all my own.
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for almost 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. Passionate about family and the challenge of raising good humans (through the teen years, no less!) Keri Lyn has also served as a brand ambassador to many brands including her time as a Hilton Mom Voyage travel writer and currently an O Mag Insider for O, The Oprah Magazine and the 2019 recipient the O-verall Contribution O-ward.