Kris I. says I subscribe to your emails!
…I hope that you are all enjoying Winner, Winner, WINesday! I know that I always enjoy this day, because I love sharing with you fun items and products, especially if they offer up great advice and/or ideas!
Weaver Chicken is a company that “gets” the crazy lifestyles that we all lead, and they are making efforts to help moms (and actually ANYONE) find more time for family in there day. To do so, they have asked professional chef, author and mother-of-two, Maureen Petrosky to offer up her best advice for creating indoor family fun, especially with busy schedules.
But by adding a little creativity to your day – from play time to meal prep – you’ll find that reconnecting won’t have to be another task on your list, it’ll be part of your daily routine. Here are some of her ideas:
- Spice it up. Revisit your pantry or spice drawer to avoid extra trips to the grocery store. With simple ingredients such as rosemary, garlic, oregano or cilantro, you can quickly transform your family’s favorite meals into an array of dinner options. Get everyone involved in meal prep and use this time as an opportunity to catch up with one another.
- Dine together. Prepare a stress- free dinner with items kids love such as Weaver Chicken Nuggets, served up alongside a big salad and some fresh bread from the baker. Kids prefer Weaver Chicken Nuggets because they’re crispy and delicious on the outside and they have juicy, tender chicken on the inside. Moms can feel good serving them to her kids because they have zero grams trans fat per serving and are high in protein.
- Go camping indoors. The rule: no lights, phones or computers from dusk to dawn. Drape the couch and chairs with sheets for a makeshift tent. Put your sleeping bags on the floor, grab your flashlights, and share your best ghost stories.
- Start a dance party. A great way to have some fun with your family is to get everyone dancing. Turn off the TV and turn on some good tunes. Make homemade trophies and prizes to give to the winners. Create special categories for best moves, best spins, most creative, most enthusiastic dancer.
- Turn chore time into an a-maze-ing race. In ten minutes, you can create an indoor maze, complete with clues to take your family on an at-home adventure. Incorporate simple chores like putting away laundry, cleaning under the bed, or setting the table. The final reward can be their favorite dinner or an extra bedtime story.
The Giveaway: One lucky She Saved reader will win FOUR product coupons, each good for one free package of Weaver Chicken Nuggets!
Here’s how to enter:
Entry #1: What is a creative way that YOU go about reconnecting with your family during a busy day?
Entry #3 ~“Like” SheSaved on Facebook (and if you already do, thank you … give yourself this entry as well)
… I will leave this giveaway open until 10pm tonight, Dec. 7th (mnt time) if you can still comment…you can still win! … once closed, I will select one winner who will have 48 hours to contact me to claim their prize! GOOD LUCK!!
*Disclosure: I did receive this same gift package to facilitate this review, however these opinions are all my own!
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for almost 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. Passionate about family and the challenge of raising good humans (through the teen years, no less!) Keri Lyn has also served as a brand ambassador to many brands including her time as a Hilton Mom Voyage travel writer and currently an O Mag Insider for O, The Oprah Magazine and the 2019 recipient the O-verall Contribution O-ward.