Reasons to Say: This DEAL Rocks
One thing that I get asked a lot is how to tell if a deal is really a deal. In other words, a THIS DEAL ROCKS kind of deal. You know what I mean. Sometimes we think something is a “steal” only to find out that the quality is poor or that the deal wasn’t quite the “steal” that we thought it was.
I have developed a sniff test over time to help me determine just how much a deal something really is. Of course, the ultimate goal being to be able to exclaim, ” This deal ROCKS!” … but that isn’t always the case.
Here are a few factors that I always consider:
1) Do you need this item? A deal is always great but if you don’t need it, it’s not really a deal at all.
2) Do you love this item? Again … if you don’t love it, even at a bargain price – you probably shouldn’t waste your money on it.
3) Does someone else need it? Sometimes I will get excited about a deal if it is a great donation item or will make a nice gift for someone I love.
4) Will it last? Sometimes things are cheap for a reason and that reason is often the fact that they are cheap and don’t last.
5) Is the maintenance expensive? If you get a hot deal on a toy, but the batteries are expensive and run out quickly, then it might end up not being worth it.
6) What type of warranty does the item have? Be cautious of grabbing deals from here today and gone tomorrow companies.
What other factors do you look for when hoping to exclaim that THIS DEAL ROCKS!!? I’d love to hear!
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. Passionate about family and the challenge of raising good humans (through the teen years, no less!) Keri Lyn has also served as a brand ambassador to many brands including her time as a Hilton Mom Voyage travel writer and currently an O Mag Insider for O, The Oprah Magazine and the 2019 recipient the O-verall Contribution O-ward.