Winner, Winner, WINesday #9: Spring Clean Up with Central Garden & Pet + $25 Gift Card Giveaway!
This is a sponsored post by Central Garden & Pet. These opinions are my own and were in no way influenced by another person. Please see full disclosure below.
I do have an interesting confession when it comes to our lawn and landscaping. It’s not something that I talk about often, because for the last 8 years (yes, 8!) we didn’t have a lawn. We had a plan (and plenty of time to change and re-change or plan) but it’s true. We had no lawn. We were saving so that we could pay cash for our landscaping, and as it turns out, it was a brilliant plan in more ways than one. First of all, the price of trees, landscaping, etc. went down a LOT with the change in the economy. We also had quite a bit of time for my hubby (the country veterinarian) to trade out quite a bit of work. And… like I said before, we had a lot of time to perfect our plan.
So… last year we finally put things into motion and I cannot tell you how exciting it is to actually have a lawn. And garden boxes. And Trees! But the one thing that came along with all of this that I wasn’t totally prepared for was the time that it takes to maintain it all! When you go 8 years without doing yard work, you kind of forget how much work it can be!
The good news is that we have been enjoying it as a family, and this past weekend on Mother’s Day we planted our garden boxes and flower pots. This coming weekend we will be transplanting some raspberry and gooseberry bushes!
When I was in Dallas a couple of months ago for the Blissdom blogging conference, I met the folks from Central Garden & Pet and short of boring them with my long drawn out landscaping story, we definitely made a connection. They sent out some products for me to try out, and I have been putting them to good use!
Over the next few weeks, I will be sharing with you the different lawn and garden projects that I will be tackling with the help of Central Garden & Pet products. First up, we tried the Ironite Plus Liquid Lawn & Garden Spray 6-2-1 … the application was super easy (just hook up to the hose and spray!) and you will see below what a difference it has made!
Ironite Product Info:
· For more than 55 years, Ironite® Brand mineral supplements have helped plants develop strong roots and lush, green growth.
· Available in several special formulations, Ironite® ensures plants receive the essential secondary- and micro-nutrients needed for fast-acting and long-lasting “greening.”
· Ironite® Mineral Supplement 1-0-1 contains iron and nine other essential minerals and micro-nutrients to promote strong roots and lush, green growth.
· Ironite® Plus Lawn & Plant Food 12-10-10 contains fast-acting nutrients for lush growth, strong roots, colorful flowers, and abundant fruits and vegetables
· Ironite® Plus Liquid Lawn & Garden Spray 6-2-1 is dual-acting that feeds through foliage and roots formulated with 1% Iron and does not cause plant “burn.”
Ironite Plus Liquid Lawn & Garden Spray 6-2-1
1. Shake container well before attaching to a garden hose.
2. Next, turn on water. Follow directions on the sprayhead for opening and closing siphon valve.
3. Walking at a normal pace, direct spray from side to side to establish an even coverage pattern.
4. Apply to lawn and garden areas, and rinse any product that lands in the driveway, sidewalk or street back onto the lawn/garden.
· Use this product as a supplement to normal lawn fertilization. When used as directed, product provides 0.02 pounds of nitrogen per 1,000 square feet of lawn per application. Typically, lawns will use from 1 to 4 pounds of nitrogen per 1,000 square feet per growing season.
· Do not apply near water, storm drains or drainage ditches, or if heavy rain is expected.
Here is a shot of what our back yard looked like before the application:
And here is what it looked like just 5 days later: (plus a horse magically appeared, lol!)
I love dreaming and planning about landscaping and gardening! You can follow me and my gardening hopes/dreams/wishes here on Pinterest! I can’t wait to share more of our lawn and garden adventures with Central Garden & Pet with you, they are totally keeping me motivated to get all of these projects done!
The Giveaway: ONE lucky SheSaved reader will win a $25 American Express Gift Card from Central Garden & Pet!
… I will leave this giveaway open until Tuesday night at midnight, May 21st (mnt time) … once closed, I will select one winner who will have 48 hours to contact me to claim their prize! GOOD LUCK!!
*Disclosure: I did receive this product to facilitate my review. These opinions are my own and were in no way influenced by another person.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.