It’s okay. You’re allowed to drool. This Minty Molten Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe is so easy to make and it’s amazingly delicious. Ooey gooey chocolate? Yes, please. And with a touch of green mint it’s the perfect dessert for St. Patrick’s Day. Though I could eat this year round. Enjoy!
Minty Molten Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
- 4 oz. of Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter + more to butter the dishes
- 1 cup of powdered sugar + more to sprinkle on top
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of Peppermint extract (optional)
- Chocolate chip mint ice cream and mint candies
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter (use actual butter, not baking spray) four ramekins like these.
- Put the butter and the baking chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir with a whisk. Repeat until the chocolate is completely melted and stir well to combine.
- Add the peppermint extract if desired and stir well to combine. This will make the actual cake a little minty. If you’d rather ‘mint it up’ with just the ice cream and candies served with the lava cake you can do that too.
- Stir in powdered sugar until well mixed.
- Add the eggs and egg yolks slowly and whisk until well-combined.
- Stir in flour.
- Divide the batter evenly among the four ramekins. I like to place them on a baking mat on my baking sheet so they don’t slide around while I’m taking them in and out of the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 14 minutes or until the outside edges look cooked through and the middle is still soft.
- Cool for 1 minute. If needed, run a knife along the outside edge of the ramekin to loosen the cake. Then flip it over onto a plate.
- Sprinkle with a light dusting of powdered sugar to pretty it up! Then serve it with some chocolate chip mint ice cream and chocolate mint candy like Andes candies!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!