Basic Sugar Cookie Recipe
Photo Credit: Everyday Food
My kids love to decorate holiday cookies! It’s one of our favorite holiday traditions! I have tried many different sugar cookie recipes over the years and this one from Martha Stewart is one of my absolute favorites!
Basic Sugar Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted candies, sprinkles, or colored sugars, for decorating (optional)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.